Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Durian Pillow

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

Alhamdulillah, yesterday I managed to stick to my mission. My mission is to get away from this L.A.Z.Y virus. Infact yesterday I think I was overdosed with the 'antibiotics', which made me a little bit more energetic and hardworking. Huhu..it's not that good for my health though because towards the night, I was totally drained out. I don't have the energy to go upstairs to my room. I just slept downstairs till 4.30 am! Hahaha.....

In the morning, I made a trip to Bake with Yen, together with Kak Ana and Maz. I just bought the plastic bottles for the cookies, almonds and tapioca flour. But the other two ladies were busy shopping for their baking stuff. On the way back, stopped by the Fresh Market to get some fish. Reached home around 12 noon, brought in the laundry and hanged the next load. Then went off to fetch Syahmi and Iddin from school. After that, I started cleaning the fishes and thought of cooking straight away but then Iddin came with the mom. The boys had their tuition at my place and since Iddin's mom stayed over, so we chat for a while. Had to change plan. No time to cook. At 3 pm, Kak Ana and me left for Shah Alam. Stuck in the traffic jam around 5 and to make things worse, the petrol indicator showed only one green and a red. That makes me very uneasy and felt like going out of the car and be the traffic police at that time! Hahaha... But alhamdulillah, by the time we reached home, the green line is still there! So I stressed out for nothing! Hahaha... When we reached home around 6, I performed my namaaz and then started cooking! I was amazed with myself actually. I still cook for iftaar despite feeling exhausted. Wow... mama was such a good girl yesterday! ...layankan aje mama ni ha..masuk bakul angkat sendiri...asal ma bahagia..... hehe... Had a simple Iftaar of Singgang Ikan , sambal belacan and fresh petai. Alhamdulillah.... hubby enjoyed his meal very much...good boy abang.. hehehe..

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

Mamazieza had mentioned to me about this Durian Pillow and I just couldn't resist to try it out. So I googled for the recipe and arrived at Cik Manggis's Blog. Thank you Cik Manggis for sharing the recipe with us. Since I don't have coconut milk in the house, I had to make do with fresh milk.



DURIAN PILLOW
Adapted from : Cik Manggis

Ingredients :

250g flour
3 eggs
*500 ml fresh milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
a few drops of yellow food coloring

Fresh durian filling
Whipped cream

Note :
* Original recipe calls for coconut milk instead of fresh milk. If using coconut milk, mix 100ml thick coconut milk to 400ml water. Stir.

Method :

1. Place flour, eggs, fresh milk, salt and food coloring in a blender. Blend till well mix and put through a sieve.
2. Keep the batter for at least 15 minutes.
3. Heat a non stick pan and pour a ladle of batter onto the pan. Spread the batter by turning the pan around.
4. Cook just for a minute or two. Remove from heat. Repeat the same procedure till all the batter had been used up.
5. To assemble, place a dollop of fresh cream and top it with durian filling on top of the thin pancake and roll it like a pillow.
6. Ready to serve.


Have a nice day!

13 comments:

  1. oh my..oh my..
    kene cari durian ni..
    what if i used other fruits like nangka, cempedak or manggo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam ma.. semalam duk berangan2 gak nak wat si bantal nih. tp tanpa durian.. kesian kan.. huhuuu...

    ReplyDelete
  3. tq mama for this recipe...owh mmg feveret ni tapi asik beli ja...huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam ma! addduuuhaiiiii sedapnyerrrrrrrr org lori buah2 ni tak de pulak lah dah 2 3 hari ni mana ntah dia pergi ingat nak beli durian lagi :D kemas betul mama buat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maaaa..lorrr p shah alam plak ke ptg smlm..cpat2 ma smgat ckut rya tgk kuat ni..haha..ni pun duk wak ckut dah..nti ptg kita antor skit ye..mksih ye ma bgi kat kita skit bntal doyan tu..yum..yumm..adik ipar kita pun ske..

    ReplyDelete
  6. salam ma..alahai semalam mokwo ade belen isi doyan..tapi dah wat tempoyak! huwaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. salam ramadhan ma! oohh the durian pungent smell sampai sini nih maaa....nyum..nyum...

    ReplyDelete
  8. salam ma..sedapnya ada duriannnn!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salam mama,
    Wahhh..licinnya bantal mama. Bantal peluk ye mama?

    ReplyDelete
  10. salam ma..wah cantiknya pillow mama ni lepas makan terus lena atas pillow ni hehe ..pastu kembang kempis hidung asyik bau durian.selamat berpuasa dan berbuka buat ma sekeluarga:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Durian. this must taste fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amboi sedapnya durian pillow ni..teringin nak makan tapi kenalah sabar sampai balik kampung.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!