Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sweet Sour Fish

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

Assalamualaikum to all. I guess it is still not too late for me to wish all my Muslim visitors a HAPPY EID-UL FITR. I hope all of you had a wonderful Eid.



I had been busy since before Eid. That explains the lack of updates in my blog. Before Eid, as usual, I was busy preparing cookies for orders and also for the family. This year, I didn't bake much, infact I just baked for close friends. Thanks to the haywire blood pressure reading recently. I had to be extra careful before my freedom to take orders is doomed forever. ;)

We went back to Melaka for Eid. I didn't snap many photos as before, so there's nothing much to share. But nevertheless we had a good time visiting family and friends.

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

This was one of the menu that I had cooked during Ramadhan. Thank you to Kak Liza for sharing the recipe with us.


SWEET SOUR FISH
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Kak Liza


Ingredients :

1 fish of your choice (cleaned)
salt
turmeric powder

5 shallots - sliced thinly
3 garlic - sliced thinly
1 cm ginger - sliced thinly
Salt
Sugar
Cooking oil

For the sauce :
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
3 tablespoons chillie sauce
1/2 cup water

Garnish with :
2 fresh red chillie - sliced
1 fresh tomato - cut to wedges
1 stalk spring onion and
1 stalk Chinese coriander, cut into 3cm-4cm lengths

Method :

1. Coat fish with salt and turmeric. Deep fry in hot oil until crispy and golden brown. Put on a serving platter.
2. Heat oil. Fry onion, garlic and ginger in heated oil until fragrant.
3. Stir in sauce ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil.
4. Add salt and sugar to taste.
5. Add tomato.
6. Pour sauce over fish and garnish before serving.


Have a nice day!

10 comments:

  1. salam aidil fitri.so nice to have you back here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. owhhh... sepanjang raya asyik makan daging je, pekena ikan pulak memang sodap Mama Fami!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taqobbalallahu minna waminkum... Salam Syawal penuh berkat..

    feveret ni... mmg sangat sedap.. yg mama buat mesti lagi sedap..

    bila la dapat beraya rmh mama ni.. nak rasa masakan mamafami yg sedap2..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamualaikum Mama Darling ku cayanggg....miss you so much la Mama....Bila nak jumpa peluk cium sakan ni..dak Maz dah balik Bahrain ke... Mama, nnt kita datang rumah Ma masakkan ikan camni je yea...xyah susah2 pun....nak ayam goreng berempah, nak sayur campur, nak cistat, nak muffin, roti pun naakk...hehehe *sbb baca kat atas tu, mama byk tul baking2...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam lebaran mama......kalau tak update blog tu confirmlah sibuk kan?

    ReplyDelete
  6. salam aidilfitri & maaf zahir batin wat mama sekeluarga ye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terlihat enak, salam aidilfitri & maaf zahir batin

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!