Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Che Mat Gebu. Thank you Mat!
(Thank you to Hajjah Ummi of Home Sweet Home and also to Puan Azlita of Masam Manis where Mat took the recipe from.)
150 g butter
200 g self-raising flour *
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda*(*sift together)
3 large eggs
100 g brown sugar
100 g ripe banana, mashed
100 g fresh milk
a few drops banana essence
1/3 cup banana - diced
50 g chocolate rice
1. Pre-heat oven at 170 C. If using a baking tin, grease an 8 inch x 3 inch x 3 inch tin with a bit of butter and layer the base with greaseproof paper. Grease the paper too.
2. Beat butter and brown sugar till creamy. Add eggs one at a time and continue beating till fluffy. Add banana essence.
3. Lower the mixer speed and add in flour alternately with milk, starting and ending with flour.
4. Add in the mashed banana and fold using a spatula. Add chocolate rice and diced banana. Fold till the mixture is combined.
5. Pour into the prepared in. Sprinkle enough almond flakes on top.
6. Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes. Cake is done when a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
SELAMAT TINGGAL.... for now. I am going to start doing the job I love to do... ironing. Till then, take care and have a nice day!