Sorry... I am too busy to chat today and for these couple of days ahead. Just a quick update to let you know that I still exist in this world. Hahaha... just joking!
Anyway, thank you to Ju of The Little Teochew and also to Zurin of Cherry On A Cake for sharing this recipe with us.
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Ju of The Little Teochew
250g butter, softened
220g castor sugar
125g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
125g semolina flour
50 gm cashews, ground
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon rose essence
5 eggs plus 1 yolk, the whole eggs separated
1. Preheat oven to 170 C.
2. Stir semolina flour, self-raising flour, baking powder and nuts together in a bowl and leave aside.
3. Separate all the eggs. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks one at a time. Add cold milk, vanilla extract and buttercream essence and mix well.
4. In another bowl beat egg whites till stiff. Fold in flour mixture into creamed mixture. Then fold in beaten egg whites gently until well mixed.
5. Pour into the prepared tins and sprinkle with silvered almonds.
6. Bake 170 C for 45 mins until skewer comes out clean.
Have a nice day!