Last weekend we went to see our son at his college. Oh how I miss that boy so much and still do. :(( I was excited when hubby told me the plan to visit our son that weekend. I whatsapp-ed him and asked what he would like me to bring. His usual request would be PUFFS. I asked him, anything else? And he said he wanted DONUTS with chocolate coating. "I miss your donuts ma", he said. Huhuhu.... and I miss you boy...
Thank you Puan Ash Fiza of Buku Resepi for sharing this recipe with us.
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Puan Ash Fiza @ Buku Resepi
3 medium sized potatoes
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon margarine (I used Planta)
2 tablespoons condensed milk
6g dried instant yeast (I used Mauripan)
water if necessary
Note to myself : Next time round, I think I will add 1 1/2 tablespoons of castor sugar to the recipe.
1. Peel the potatoes skin. Cut into big cubes and wash. Place in a bowl with enough water and boil till soft. Remove from heat and mash the potatoes. Keep aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, add flour, condensed milk, yeast and the mashed potato.
3. Turn on the mixer and knead till a soft and shiny dough is formed. Add water if needed.
4. Make into a big ball. Cover the bowl with cling film and let dough rise till double the size.
5. Roll the dough to 1/2 inch thick. Cut using a donut cutter and arrange on a tray lined with a plastic sheet. Rest for about 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Heat oil in a wok. Fry the donuts till golden brown. Remove the donuts onto a bowl lined with paper towel.
7. Coat the donuts with castor sugar or melted cooking chocolate.
8. Ready to serve and enjoy!
Have a nice day!