Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Serabai Kuah Durian

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

Just before Ramadhan, someone had put a comment on my Serabai entry. And that time, there were no photos attached in that entry because of the BLUNDERS that I've made! Clever me! For me, to read an entry especially recipes without a photo, it's like eating a cake without sugar in it! Wah... achik berfalsafahlah pulak dah..... So I tried my best to dig everywhere I could for that photos. Alhamdulillah I managed to get it from my previous house. While editing the photos and putting them back into the blog, I was tempted by my own food photo. Not that my photos are great, but just enough to make me wish to eat what's in the photo! Hahahaha...

Since my mom is still with us that time, I said to myself, why not surprise her with my homemade Serabai. And what's more, my sister is coming to our house that evening, so why not! It is not that hard to make these lovely serabai and it won't be time consuming if you have the proper serabai pan. But since I don't have the pan but still wishes to eat Serabai, I just grab whatever's at home.

Actually I made 2 sauces this time. One with durian and the other one with banana. When I asked mom, which sauce she prefers, she chose durian. Hahaha... as expected! Then I asked her again, how many pieces of serabai would she like and she said TWO! Pergh... mom normally controls what she eats (unlike her daughter!) but this time, I think, she's giving herself a break! Hihihi....

When I place the plate infront of her, she looked at it and said, "Mak Nah used to make lovely serabai". Huwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... Mak Nah was our nanny. She had worked for my parents since I was in my mother's womb. If anyone asked me who she is, I will answer, that is my GRANDMOTHER. We loved her dearly...and missed her so much. She was very good at cooking and making tradisional cakes. May her soul rest in peace. 

Mom then ate the serabai I had prepared for her and this is what she has to say....
"Pandai kau buat serabai ni Yong. Lembut je!" (Translation : You are clever to make this serabai. It's soft). 
And that 'Yong' is because I am the eldest in the family. I am sure, if abah is still around, he too would enjoy my serabai. May your soul rest in peace abah. I miss you so much.....

Note : For the recipe in English and for the Sauce with banana, please click HERE

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E


SERABAI
Disediakan oleh MamaFaMi
Sumber : Delila via Myresipi


SERABAI :
Bahan-bahan :

500 gram tepung beras (mama guna Cap Teratai)
300 gram nasi (Kisar bersama sedikit air)
1 liter santan
1 1/2 sudu kecil yis
Garam secukup rasa

Kaedah penyediaan :

1. Gaul rata semua bahan-bahan di atas sehingga sebati. 
2. Peram selama 2 jam. Kepekatan bancuhan adalah seperti bancuhan kuih cara) 
3. Memandangkan mama tidak ada acuan serabai, mama gunakan kuali comel tak lekat. Panaskan kuali dan lenser dengan sedikit minyak. 
4. Tuangkan sesenduk adunan dan biarkan dia masak. Mama biarkan sehingga 3/4 masak baru mama tutupkan kuali tu sebentar sehingga masak. Guna api kecil.

KUAH DURIAN :
Bahan-bahan :

1 cawan gula perang
2 cawan santan
Isi durian atau lempok secukupnya
garam secukup rasa
2 Helai daun pandan (disimpul)

Kaedah penyediaan :

1.Campurkan kesemua bahan ke dalam periuk dan masak hingga pekat.
2. Sedia untuk dihidangkan.


2 comments:

  1. Salam Ramadan..

    Elok jer nampak serabai tu :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamualaikum mamafami rasa cam nak ngendeng pulak sepiring...;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!